This summer is going to be quite different for a lot of us. We have created a list of things you can do at home this summer with your children, or for them to do.
Here are some things you can do this summer:
- Barnet are introducing a Silly Squad Summer reading challenge and other events to keep children reading over the summer. You can access eBooks and eAudiobooks. Sign up to get your Reading Passport!
- The National Videogame Museum is bringing museum games to you through livestreams and workshops. They have collated downloadable activities that help you make your own games
- Circomedia have created a list of free online circus tutorials and activities, teaching children circus skills including juggling, how to make their own equipment, acrobatics and performance
- Fire Tech have online courses for children aged 9 and upward, from week-long, part-time or taster courses, with courses including coding, video creation and robotics
- Fun Tech have a range of live virtual camps with courses including coding, game design and engineering
- Art-K are holding pre-recorded and Zoom art classes and tutorials for children aged 6-16
- Scouts have put together activities to earn 'The Great Indoors' badge
- eParenting have a list of free activity ideas that can be done with children anywhere across the UK
- Lets go with the children have put together an A-Z list of their favourite virtual museums
- The Royal Academy of Arts have a Family how-to series, with simple step-by-step activities to do as a family, ranging from creating slime to plastic bag weaving
If you have any other suggestions of more activities, then share them with us at email@example.com!